Why use Programme Management?
Managing Successful Programmes provides organisations with an approach to programme management that will;
- Enable more effective delivery of change
- Keep the focus on the business change objectives
- Provide a framework for senior management to direct the change process
- Encourage more efficient use of resources through project prioritisation and integration
- Provide better management of risk because the wider context is understood
- Achieve business benefits during and after the programme through a formal process
- Improve control of costs, standards and quality
- Enable more effective management of the Business Case
- Provide more efficient control of a complex range of activities
- Provide clear definition of roles and responsibilities
- Deliver a smooth transition from current to future business operation
Managing Successful Programmes comprises a set of principles and processes for use when managing a programme. It is founded on best practice although it is not prescriptive. It is very flexible and designed to be adapted to meet the needs of local circumstances.